The trial has been scheduled for November 27, 2018, at the United States District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia, 1125 Chapline Street, Wheeling, WV 26003.
Royalty Owners Who Received a Payment from EQT Beginning December 8, 2008 for a West Virginia Natural Gas Well, Could Be Included in a Class Action Lawsuit
EQT Royalty owners could be affected by a class action lawsuit against EQT Corporation; EQT Production Company; EQT Energy; EQT Gathering, LLC; EQT Investment Holdings, LLC; and EQT Midstream Partners (EQT Defendants) over royalty payments on gas leases in West Virginia whose leases are held by EQT.
Are you included?
An EQT natural gas lease is included if:
1) The lease is on land in West Virginia;
2) The royalty owner owned a royalty interest for this lease anytime during the period December 8, 2008, to September 17, 2017;
3) Gas was produced on the land anytime between December 8, 2008, to December 31, 2017;
4) The royalty owner received or is due royalty payments from this lease; and
5) The royalty owner received or is due royalty payments from the EQT Defendants.
There are three different groups or subclasses included in the lawsuit: the Flat Rate Subclass and two Percentage Subclasses. The Flat Rate Subclass in this class action only includes flat rate natural gas wells that have been converted to a percentage royalty. See the Class Certification Order for the full class definition.
Please review the Documents for detailed information.